Welcome to the DAK Network Teachers’ summit.
26 September 2019: Kuils River Primary School, Sarepta, Kuils River.
“Violence in Schools: the Psychological Effect on Teachers”.
It is expected that the summit will be attended by approximately 500 teachers and other interested persons. We live in a violent society and read and hear about, or even experience, verbal aggression against teachers, which in many cases is aggravated by physical assault. This situation is not addressed in any way.
This summit is the ideal platform for teachers and those who care about the wellbeing of our teachers to raise their views and attempt to jointly find solutions for the problems in our schools. The intention is to compile and distribute practical guidelines to schools containing the inputs and advice raised at the summit.
SACE is attending the summit to assist teachers who are experiencing problems with their registration certificates by either doing necessary corrections or issuing new certificates after the close of the event.
Attendance is free of charge and refreshments will be served.
- Danie van Wyk ([email protected]) Mobile 063 502 0879
- Rita Valentine ([email protected]) Mobile 076 404 1668
- Registration (08h00 – 09h00)
- Welcoming: Danie van Wyk (09h00 – 09h05)
- Guest speaker: Mr Quinton Adams: Educational Psychologist (09h05 – 9h40)
- Questions and input from the floor (9h40 – 9h50)
- Safer Schools: WCED : Aspects considered (9h50- 10h10)
- Prof Michael le Cordeur: University of Stellenbosch (10h10 – 11h00)
- Questions and input from the floor (11h00 – 11h15)
- Tea/Coffee (11h15 – 11h45)
- Dr Clifford van Wyk: Psychiatrist (11h45- 12h30)
- Inputs and questions from the floor (12h30- 12h45)
- Lunch (12h45- 13h30)
- SACE input: The rights of teachers (13h30- 14h30)
- Inputs and questions from the floor (14h30 – 15h00)
- Summary and conclusion